Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Breakfast Quinoa

I love a healthy breakfast in the mornings but it is usually easier to eat dry sugar cereal. Well, today I rode my recumbent bike and decided I was not going to waste all those calories. I decided to make a hot breakfast cereal out of quinoa (keen-wa). I found a recipe from Martha Stewart that is very good and versatile.
Breakfast Quinoa
 2 cups of low-fat milk
1 cup rinsed quinoa

cover and simmer 15 mins add sugar cinnamon and anything else you would like.
The Martha Stewart link above has a short video on this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love quinoa but never thought about it for a breakfast cereal. I'll be making some tomorrow. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put the left overs in the fridge. My favorite way to eat the left overs is to warm it back up for 30 sec and add strawberries and sugar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...